Frequently asked questions
Can I fill out my intake forms before I come into the office?
Yes, you can find them on our Forms page. Please arrive 20 minutes early if you would like to fill them out at the office.
What happens during the first visit?
You will be examined and the doctor will determine if there is additional testing or imaging needed. If not, they will proceed with the treatment. First appointments take approximately one hour.
Be prepared for your first visit:
- Loose, comfortable clothing is best. Depending on your issue, you may want to wear or bring a tank top or shorts
- Bring a copy of any recent MRI, CT scan, and/or X ray.
- ART ( Active Release Technique) therapies are interactive so often involve your participation
- You will be given “homework” of exercises and stretches that are designed to enhanceyour sessions and reduce the number of treatments required for your condition
- Many patients experience complete recovery after only 8-12 visits, although this depends on the severity of their injuries
- It is vital that patients comply with instructions such as icing and at home exercises.
What can I expect during a treatment?
Treatments vary depending on the individual's symptoms and issues. Each appointment lasts between 20-30 minutes. All therapies are interactive and often involve your participation. Appropriate stretches and rehab exercises will be given to augment your treatments.
What should I expect after treatment?
We expect all patients to comply with homecare advice, such as icing, exercise, and stretching instructions. This is especially important in the first few visits. Tenderness of the soft tissues around the area of treatment is to be expected for 1 to 2 days.
How many treatments should I expect?
Many patients experience complete recovery after only 8-12 visits, although this depends on the severity of the injuries. Older injuries can be challenging and most likely require additional treatment. Our goal is to get our patients out of pain and back to a good quality of life as expediently as possible.
Which insurances do you accept?
All information related to insurance plans can be found on our Insurance page.